A hall for the village
Granborough Village Hall was built in 1910 on land donated to the village by Ralph Verney for the purpose of building a Parish Hall and Library. The original conveyance established it for all parishioners, public and private meetings, concerts, games, recreation and social events.
The committee was to include the Vicar, Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Parish Council and other parishioners. The first floor originally housed a library and committee room, and evacuees were accommodated in the hall during the Second World War. The building was later extended and improved, and reopened in 2021 after a complete restoration.
The committee was to include the Vicar, Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Parish Council and other parishioners. The first floor originally housed a library and committee room, and evacuees were accommodated in the hall during the Second World War. The building was later extended and improved, and reopened in 2021 after a complete restoration.